Service: Learning Disabilities
Location: Calidus House, Alder Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 6PF
Salary: £23,875 per annum
Hours: 38 Hours
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, reliable and resilient Team Leader who would like to join our growing team, in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. You will be confident, able to deal with stressful situations & can think on your feet.
You will need to be a ‘people person’ who enjoys building relationships and motivating others to reach their full potential. Flexibility, a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humor is a must too! Aside from this, you will need to be able to work independently, as well as part of a team and have experience of working with vulnerable people or those with complex needs and have experience and/ or a passion for enhancing individuals’ quality of life through positive behavior support.
Your role will be to support the management and take the lead in service delivery, you will be expected to carry out daily tasks as well as senior duties.
We are looking for our Team Leader to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
• An awareness and understanding of Learning Disabilities
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centered support
• A flexible working patterns
• An NVQ L3 in Health & Social Care, or relevant qualification
• Have supervisory/management experience
• Be highly motivated and be able to work on their own initiative
• Be well organised
• Have a passion and enthusiasm for delivering quality services *to vulnerable people
• A driving license & access to your own vehicle would be a bonus
In return for your hard work, we offer our Team Leader:
• Basic entitlement is 30.0 days (pro rata for hours worked). This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.