Position: Support Worker (Various positions available)
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm
Salary: £8.72ph while on probation rising to £8.75 after successful completion of probation
Are you looking for more than a job?
Are you looking for a fun, meaningful career with an award-winning employer?
Then look no further!
We are looking for Support Workers to work closely with our Service Users in the Sutton area to make each day exciting, active and unique!
This is an opportunity to work in the community with our fantastic Service Users, supporting and getting fully involved in activities such as:
• Arts and Crafts
• Sports Activates
• Beauty Therapy
• Day Trips
As a Support Worker at our Day Services, you will need to develop warm and trusting relationships with people with learning disabilities to help them to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
No two days are the same! All travel to and from activates is provided while on shift.
Our Support Worker will carry out the following duties:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
• An awareness and understanding of Learning Disabilities
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all our Support Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Support Worker:
• All staff is entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. No additional leave is given for bank holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.
We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job – this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else's life but also yours. We are looking for hard-working and committed people to join their team