Senior Care Assistant
Hours: Part time/Full time hours are available
Ambient Support offers residential and respite care for older people in a beautiful setting in Hertfordshire. St Audrey’s is a home in Old Hatfield village providing independent living and dedicated care for 38 residents. The home, a converted manor house, offers a range of single rooms, communal lounges and beautiful maintained gardens, and is just a short walk from historic Hatfield House and other attractions.
We are looking for our Senior Care Assistant to have:
- Care Certificate, or QCF Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 or related qualification would be an asset
- Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
- Empathy, kind hearted and a great team player.
- A great sense of humour and enjoy having fun!
- An awareness and understanding of high quality care.
- Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
- An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support.
- A flexible working pattern and able to do shift patterns including working alternate
- Experience of leading and directing teams to deliver high quality care and support
Our Senior Care Assistant will carry out the following duties:
- Able to attend team meetings on a regular basis to feedback information on the progress of
individual service users, and to undertake regular supervisions as required by Ambient Support policy.
- To support new staff by assisting with their induction training, and where directed, by
- To support the Care Team Leader in the efficient and effective running of the designated House
If appropriate, having successfully completed training, to work as a ‘Shift Leader’
- The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate Manager or Care Team Leader to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with their post, grade, knowledge and experience.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Senior Care Assistant’s:
- 22 days basic, plus 8 bank holidays
- Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
- Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
- Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
- To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.