Senior Care Assistant
Hours: Full time 38 hours per week
The Chestnuts is a modern, purpose-built registered care home in Aylesbury for 64 older people. The home is able to accommodate and support up to 32 residents with a higher level of support need, specifically those living with dementia.
Residents at The Chestnuts enjoy a welcoming and social environment where they can choose to participate in a range of activities and events. The spacious lounges are perfect for residents to sit and relax, socialise or watch television. The grounds and gardens are accessible for residents and visitors alike.
We are looking for our Senior Care Assistant to have:
• Care Certificate, or QCF Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 or related qualification would be an asset
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
• Empathy, kind hearted and a great team player.
• A great sense of humour and enjoy having fun!
• An awareness and understanding of high quality care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift patterns including working alternate
• Experience of leading and directing teams to deliver high quality care and support
Our Senior Care Assistant will carry out the following duties:
• Able to attend team meetings on a regular basis to feedback information on the progress of
individual service users, and to undertake regular supervisions as required by Ambient Support policy.
• To support new staff by assisting with their induction training, and where directed, by
• To support the Care Team Leader in the efficient and effective running of the designated House
If appropriate, having successfully completed training, to work as a ‘Shift Leader’
• The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate Manager or Care Team Leader to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with their post, grade, knowledge and experience.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Senior Care Assistant’s:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.