Night Care Assistant
Service Name: The Croft
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £9.12 plus enhancements
Hours: 30 hours per week
Ambient Support (formerly known as Heritage Care and Community Options) is a registered UK charity with over 25 years’ experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our wide range of quality specialist services are delivered by our dedicated, professional and passionate staff and our success is built on supporting people to live a full and meaningful life – regardless of age, health or disability.
Our aims are to enable people who have a mental health need to live in the community at their greatest level of independence and to enable people to access a range of community facilities and to promote recovery and opportunities for social inclusion.
We are looking for our Night Care Assistants to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community.
• An awareness and understanding of high-quality home care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centered support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift work.
• Alternate weekend working pattern.
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Care Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Night Care Assistant:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.