Fixed Term Contract
Interim Deputy Manager - 7-10 months
Bromley - Kent
Starting Salary: £24,196 pro rata
Hours: 38 per week
Reports to: Multi-site Project Manager
Ambient Support (formerly known as Heritage Care and Community Options) is a registered UK charity with over 25 years’ experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our wide range of quality specialist services are delivered by our dedicated, professional and passionate staff and our success is built on supporting people to live a full and meaningful life – regardless of age, health or disability.
Our aims are to enable people who have a mental health need to live in the community at their greatest level of independence and to enable people to access a range of community facilities and to promote recovery and opportunities for social inclusion.
The Deputy Manager will be responsible for working alongside the Multi-Site Project Manager ensuring that the project promotes the core values of the company:
• Impact – We make a positive difference to people’s lives enabling greater independence, better outcomes and increased choice.
• Innovative – We embrace a culture for change that strives for continuous improvement, reflection and achievement of excellence.
• Inspirational – We promote imagination and positivity, motivating our staff and the people we support.
• Inclusive – We positively welcome diversity of background, ethnicity, skills, talents and contributions from everyone.
• Integrity – We respect all people as individuals and treat them with compassion and consideration. In all our dealings we are open, honest, accounting and transparent.
The Deputy Manager will work with and deputise for the Multi-Site Project Manager where appropriate. They are responsible for supporting the Project Manager to manage a team of up to 10 people who will support up to 11 clients within a registered residential/ supported living project. Along with the Multi-Site Project Manager you will also be responsible for up to 13 clients within one of the supported housing/ housing management projects. This post will also have on-call responsibilities: where the Manager and Deputy are the first people the team will call if there is any issues or concerns within the project.
Your role will be to encourage clients and help them to achieve their potential for independence and participate in the life of the community. The concept of recovery underpins our philosophy and tools within Person Centred Planning are used to support this philosophy.
Together with the Multi-Site Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that services are delivered to a high quality which respond to the needs of service users, and that maintain dignity, privacy and freedom of choice for each individual.
As a Deputy Manager you will act as a representative for Community Options liaising with external agencies, advising and assisting Senior Managers in areas which affect organisational development and strategy.
Deputy Managers will support Multi-Site Project Managers in their responsibility for ensuring they manage in line with relevant statutory requirements including the Health and Social Care Act 2008, Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Employment legislation. As well as promoting environmental issues within the project.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
• 27 days paid holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.