Salary: £9.02 per hour
Hours: 25 hours per week
The Croft is a modern purpose-built registered care home in Amersham with specially designed accommodation for up to 64 older people. All rooms are en-suite and can be personalised with people’s own effects to create a real home-from-home environment.
Accommodation is arranged in four self-contained living areas all of which are comfortably and attractively furnished. The Croft provides person centred care and support to older people and to those living with dementia.
Our Housekeeper will carry out the following duties:
• To assist in the provision of cleaning and laundry services at the service in order
• To ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for people that we support.
• To clean in and around the service including communal areas and resident’s rooms, as instructed by the Registered Manager and as per the work schedule. This will include vacuuming, changing beds, and cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and lounges, as well as other duties as directed.
• To assist in the provision of other domestic and laundry services.
• To use, store and service all machinery, appliances and equipment as instructed by the Manager and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, so that the working life is maximised and the likelihood of breakdowns or accidents are minimised. To report any faulty equipment
• To use and store all cleaning materials and domestic supplies in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions so that waste is minimised, materials and supplies can be accounted for, and accidents are avoided.
• To ensure that the cleaning and domestic services are responsive to the needs of the resident’s and do not infringe upon privacy of the individual.
• To ensure that sufficient supplies are ordered and available for use and a stock list is maintained and monitored.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Housekeepers:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.