Hours: 25 hours per week
The Croft is a modern purpose-built registered care home in Amersham with specially designed accommodation for up to 64 older people. All rooms are en-suite and can be personalised with people’s own effects to create a real home-from-home environment.
Accommodation is arranged in four self-contained living areas all of which are comfortably and attractively furnished. The Croft provides person centred care and support to older people and to those living with dementia.
Head of housekeeping Job Purpose:
To lead the team of Housekeeping staff, including laundry assistants, to ensure that the service is clean, tidy and maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene – Promoting home from home.
• Take the lead in supervising the housekeeping team in their roles and required duties
• Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are met within the service
• Consult with residents on a regular basis such as attending suite meetings, to ensure that their needs and choices in relation to housekeeping and laundry are being met.
• Ensure that all housekeeping and laundry consumables are ordered from nominated suppliers
• Ensure that stock takes are carried out each week
• Implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules for the service and ensure that they are adhered to
• Ensure that supplies are stored safely and used effectively to minimise wastage
• Maintain a high standard of hygiene within the service
• Adhere to and promote COSHH guidelines
• Attend relatives and residents meeting whenever possible
• Monitor staff training requirements; working with the deputy manager to arrange training
• Carry out housekeeping audits
• Report any maintenance issues to the administrator for onward reporting
• Work alongside the housekeeping team, demonstrating and promoting best practice
• Development and monitoring of the induction and supervision process
• Supporting new staff through the induction process
In return for your hard work, we offer our Head Housekeeper:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.