Woodford Green - Essex
Hours: Full time 38 hours per week
Ambient Support (formerly known as Heritage Care and Community Options) is a registered UK charity with over 25 years’ experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our wide range of quality specialist services are delivered by our dedicated, professional and passionate staff and our success is built on supporting people to live a full and meaningful life – regardless of age, health or disability.
We are looking for our Executive Assistant to have:
• Good general education at least to GCSE standard or equivalent.
• At least 2 years’ administrative/ secretarial experience at Senior Manager/Director level.
• Strong IT skills to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to take action notes and formal minutes of meetings.
• Ability to manage time and exercise judgment in order to balance conflicting priorities and progress chase when necessary.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
• Ability to respect sensitive situations and appropriately manage confidential information.
• Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
• Flexible and helpful approach.
• Reliable and contentious.
• Discrete when handling confidential or sensitive situations.
• Willingness to learn and undertake training and development as required
• Desirable Personal Specification
• Care and/or voluntary sector experience.
• Basic knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR.
• Understanding of the support needs of different client groups.
Our Executive Assistant will carry out the following duties:
• Organise appointments, meetings, venues, catering and travel & accommodation requirements for Executive Team members (particularly the Director of Finance & IT, Director of HR and Director of Operations & Business Development).
• Type reports, minutes, correspondence etc., including mailings to service users, relatives and staff.
• Assist with expenses and credit card reconciliations for Executive Team members if required.
• Communicate with external and internal contacts over
• Deal with incoming complaints at head office in accordance with the organisation’s Suggestions, Complaints & Compliments Procedure, record on spread sheet, forward to relevant
Manager/Director for action and progress chase as necessary to ensure timely responses.
• Co-ordinate the monthly monitoring process for complaints and compliments from all services and ensure data is recorded and analysed as necessary.
• Co-ordinate the monthly monitoring process for safeguarding alerts for all services and ensure data is recorded and analysed as necessary.
• Produce quarterly summary of complaints and safeguarding data for the regional performance dashboards.
• Administer the Data Protection/GDPR procedure, ensure timely acknowledgement and responses to data requests and assist with gathering information in support of the Data
Protection Officer (Director of Finance & IT).
• Attend quarterly Joint Staff Consultation Forum (JSCF) meetings and take notes. Provide other administrative assistance to the JSCF as required.
• Convert various documents into accessible format for people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Executive Assistant’s:
• 22 days plus 8 days for Bank Holidays (Pro rata to hours worked)
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.