Jasmine Court, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £9.12 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Our Supported Living services enable people to live as independently as possible in a home of their own. This usually means a small group of people sharing a house with their own secure tenancy, with care and support tailored to meet their individual needs. One of our priorities is to make sure each person we support is matched with staff they can relate to, so we involve them in the selection process in a way they feel comfortable.
We are looking for our Care Worker to have:
• Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our staff.
• Computer Literacy
• Car driver desirable but not essential
Our Care Worker will carry out the following duties:
- To support Tenants in daily living tasks to maintain their independence
- To have individual responsibilities in accordance with the practises and procedures of Ambient Support for the personal needs of Tenants in accordance with agreed care plans
- To attend team meetings on a regular basis to feedback information of the progress of individual Tenants, their changing needs and circumstances To undertake regular supervision as required by Ambient Support policy
- To undertake all statutory training and all other training as identified in supervision, Personal Development Plans or as instructed by the Line Manager To be responsible for maintaining general record keeping
- To respect the confidential nature of personal information
- To attend meetings and reviews of Tenants if necessary and appropriate
- To report any faulty equipment
- To undertake all responsibilities according to the policies and procedures detailed by Ambient SupportTo be available on a flexible roster system as and when required to cover the scheme seven days a week
- To follow policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety at work, including Food handling and Manual Handling The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate Line Manager to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience
Personal care and support services to include:
- Helping with dressing, undressing, personal hygiene
- Assisting with toileting needs Bathing, showering
- Assisting Tenants with preparation and cooking of food
- Assisting with medication
- Domestic care and support services to include: Cleaning essential areas Laundry Housework Shopping
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Worker:
• All staff is entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. No additional leave is given for bank holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.
We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job – this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else's life but also yours. We are looking for hard-working and committed people to join their team