Care Team Leader
Hazlemere Lodge Residential Home
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Hours: 38 hours per week
Hazlemere Lodge is a friendly 64 bedded residential care home with Nursing consisting of 4 separate units caring for individuals with both physical frailty and dementia. Co - located at the Hazlemere Lodge site is St James Court consisting of a 12 flat extra care facility for individuals living independently but who require some additional support.
We are looking for our Care Team Leader to have:
• QCF Diploma/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or working towards)
• Supervisory experience desirable
• Experience of supporting people living with a dementia
• Be prepared to work towards any relevant qualification
• The ability to work with the manager, the senior team and the organization, to develop and implement change
• To be computer literate
• Empathy, kindhearted and a great team player.
• A great sense of humour and enjoys to have fun
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift patterns including working alternate weekends.
• An awareness and understanding of high quality care.
Our Care Team Leader will carry out the following duties:
• Take responsibility for the management of the home and the care and support of the people we support during the night
• To ensure that the manager or On Call manager is contacted in the event of notifiable incidents/accidents
• Use care management systems to access and update residents’ information, including care plans, and to access and update other home data
• To act as a role model and promote a positive image of the service and Ambient Support at all times.
• The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate Manager to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Team Leaders:
• Basic entitlement is 30.0 days (pro rata for hours worked). This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.