Dartford - Kent
Hours: Full time and part time house available
Gardenia House is a purpose-built 25-person care home in Dartford, Kent, close to local shops and community facilities. It provides a person-centred approach to care and residents are encouraged to live as independently as they are able.
Gardenia House has a warm and welcoming ‘home from home’ feel about it and enjoys good links within the local community through the local churches and disability groups.
We are looking for our Care Assistants to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community.
• An awareness and understanding of high quality home care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift work.
• Alternate weekend working pattern.
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Care Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Assistant:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.