Newark – Nottinghamshire
Hours: Full time
Millbank is an intimate residential care home that can support 37 older people, including those living with dementia. It is situated near the historic market town of Newark and is easily accessible on foot or public transport.
Millbank was full redeveloped in 2013 and now provides a range of accommodation for single residents and couples in the fully modernised Victorian House or the new wing.
We are looking for our Care Assistants to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community.
• An awareness and understanding of high-quality home care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centered support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift work.
• Alternate weekend working pattern.
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Care Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Assistant:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.