Hazlemere Lodge Residential Home
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £9.12 ph while on probation rising to £9.22ph after successful completion of probation
Hours: Part time/Full time hours are available
Hazlemere Lodge is a friendly 64 bedded residential care home with Nursing consisting of 4 separate units caring for individuals with both physical frailty and dementia. Co - located at the Hazlemere Lodge site is St James Court consisting of a 12 flat extra care facility for individuals living independently but who require some additional support.
We are looking for our Care Assistants to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community.
• An awareness and understanding of high quality home care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centered support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift work.
• Alternate weekend working pattern.
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Care Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Assistant:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.