Salary: £9.12 ph while on probation rising to £9.22ph after successful completion of probation
Hours: Part time/Full time hours are available
Swan House is a small registered care home providing residential care for 32 older people, situated in the heart of Winslow. The home offers a warm and welcoming environment and care is provided in two self-contained living areas, each with their own 24-hour staff teams.
One of these living areas is able to provide a higher level of support and is designed for older people living with dementia. The home offers daily activities for residents lead by a dedicated activity coordinator. Visitors and families can also enjoy the accessible grounds and gardens.
We are looking for our Care Assistants to have:
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community.
• An awareness and understanding of high quality home care.
• Good communication skills, patience and flexibility.
• An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support.
• A flexible working pattern and able to do shift work.
• Alternate weekend working pattern.
• Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Care Staff.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Care Assistant:
• 28 days paid holiday inclusive of bank holidays
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.